Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I vant to take your blood

I wanted to thank all the Martino's and Dishman's for the fasting and prayers. I never question the power of the family fast as it has come into play for me once again. I DO NOT have a blood clot! WOO HOO! No sexy compression hose for me. As fun as those were going to be to wear in the Florida humidity...right. I also would've had to take more blood thinners which doesn't sound so bad except for the funny story that happened today: I was filing some papers in my boss's office and we have those heavy-duty filing cabinets made out of 2"plastic. The phone rang so I jumped up to answer it and I scraped my shin on the corner of an open drawer. Normally, it would have just scraped the skin and by morning, not even a mark would be seen. But let's be honest here, this is me we're talking about. Queen of the "owie". Thanks to my Coumadin, I started bleeding. And bleeding. An hour later, still a little oozy (if that's not a word, it should be). My manger saw my leg over an hour later and insisted I file an accident report with the Manager on Duty (MOD). No thanks. "Your in HR now and need to set the example for the other employees." What about my stinking pride!?!? So I went in there and the MOD kept looking at me like, why are we filling these out for you now that you arne't in Entertainment anymore? See, the thing is, I used to fill them out a lot. Let's just say a theater marquee fell on my head in a gust of wind once. But my favorite time was when I hit my head on the puppet stage, knocked myself out, and then came to with a 6' tall rabbit kneeling over me to see if I was okay. At any other place, I would've been hallucinating! And I thought HR would be safer!!

5 comments:

Shannon Martino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Martino said...

sorry about deleting the other one, there was a type error and those drive me crazy :)

We are soooooo glad you don't have a blood clot. Whoo hoo indeed!

Also, why did you have to go and put a pic of a heart (is it yours?) on the heading space? Ewww :)

I like the new song.

Deya Love said...

That is indeed my heart. That is my old valve that went bye bye. The new one looked too space-age with the wires and things. You like the heart and you know it!!!!!!!!

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

I just want to agree that oozy should totally be a word if it's not, because I sure find myself needing to use it a lot!! Go team bleeders! Oh, and I am so glad to hear you have no clot. That's a stressful thing to have to worry about.

Emily said...

Yay for you bing ok! I vote for the heart to stay and for "oozy" to be a word as well. Maybe I could start a petition, but I'm not exactly sure who I would send it to!?

 
template by suckmylolly.com