Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cookie Tuesday


I started a tradition about a year ago called Cookie Tuesday. Every Tuesday I bring in a batch of cookies, brownies, cupcakes, or some kind of sweet concoction I have come up with to work. I'm a baking addict with all my pink Kitchen Aid accessories if you didn't know. I have to admit the last few months I slacked off, but for the most part I have been very regular about it. Anyway, I made the most a-mazing cupcakes for a Labor Day party and for Cookie Tuesday and had to share! They are of course from the queen herself, Martha, and she calls them Hi-Hat Cupcakes. Anyway, that links to the recipe, my only tip would be to make sure you scrape the bowl of the icing while you boil it. This is not a good recipe to make with kids as it's pretty time-consuming and involved, but boy were the results amazing!!!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds delicious! I bet you're the office favorite for sure!!

Deya Love said...

Yeah, I bribe people at work with my mad baking skillz.

Shannon Martino said...

I just love the fact that you have pink kitchen aid accessories. I didn't know they came in pink, mine are all white - how boring of me :)

Anonymous said...

Deya,
Those cup cakes look delicious! I want the recipe. How long do they take to make?
Mom

Deya Love said...

The kitchen aid and the accessories come in pink and the proceeds go to breast cancer research so really, everybody wins. :)

I made the cupcakes the day before, and they took a normal amount of time. But the icing took ALL FREAKING MORNING and then had to set and then dip in the chocolate and then sit the fridge for 2 hours. So worth it though!!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com