Monday, September 24, 2007

Hair Raising Experiences

For those of you who know me, Legally Blonde is one of my all-time favorite movies. That said, I REALLY needed to get my bangs cut this weekend. I still have yet to find a hairdresser that I like here in Orlando that Chris thinks we can afford (men just don't understand!). Being that he loves me and likes to solve problems, Chris decided to find me a hairdresser himself. Knowing I refused to go to any of the chains advertising $15 haircuts due to past experience and my own beauty principles, he decided to go on referrals. After asking all the ladies at work and gawking at the three-figure numbers they pay for their hair cuts and color (welcome to Orlando!), he went back to the drawing board. Mmmmm, what's a guy to do? Then it hit him, Chris' answer to everything....Craig's List!

Yes, Craig's List. The mother of all online classifieds. I was extremely opposed to the idea. Especially after seeing one which read she could "do ponytails"!?!? But one particular add dropped the right salon name and price so I agreed.

Enter Ruth, my new hair lady. She walks up to me and I swear she was going to do the "Bend and Snap" or show me her "Precious Baby Rufus". She literally looks just like Jennifer Coolidge, but with bigger eyes. Since she had such awesome hair, I decided to stay. Rule of beauty #6- don't ever let anyone do your hair, if they don't have good hair themselves.

So I've been growing my hair out so I could donate it. It's a really fun process, you grow it out to at least a 10" ponytail and then Locks of Love can use it for wigs for cancer patients. Many salons will do major discounts on your hair too. I highly recommend it, it's really fun, especially if your hair grows fast.

To make a long story short (pardon the pun), all the anesthetics and drugs I had been on during my surgery had really done a number on my hair and skin. FYI- it can fry your hair and skin for several months afterwards. So my new friend Legally Blonde Ruth and I are assessing the damage and realize it might just be easier to start from scratch. "Okay," I said, "Let's just chop it off". "Oh no! We don't chop hair! We cut hair.....we chop parsley."

So here is the outcome.............. Sorry it took so long, I actually did this on Saturday but didn't want to post about a haircut without a picture (Shannon!!?!?) and had to wait for Chris.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute hair and cute earrings. You do look skinny...at least your face does since I can't see the rest of you. How much did Ruth cut off? It will be interesting to see how long it takes to grow out a 10 inch pony tail! Love, MOM

Devin and Megan said...

I absolutely love your hair, it's so cute! The more I read your blog the more I swear we are so much alike. I love that movie to!

Elysa said...

Darling hair! You look so grown up!

Rich and Kristl said...

You look wonderful! I love your hair so much it has motivated me to finally do something about mine. We will see if it ends up being blog worthy.

Samye said...

Love the haircut!! It looks great on you- Don't you just love finding a new hairdresser that doesn't cost a million bucks??

Emily said...

Ooh I love it! Great color too!! I'm not brave enough to cut my hair more than an inch or two at a time, so I'm very impressed with you. Congrats on finding a good hairstylist- I'll fill Chris in on what a big deal that is.

Shannon Martino said...

I love it! I like the way it frames your beautiful face.

Thanks for attaching a picture with the post :)

Brianne & Jarod said...

DEYA! Ok..first of all let me say that if you ever write a book, I will be the first to read it! You are so funny. I hope that there will yet be another happy occasion where all of us girls can meet up and share funny times! It is never boring with you around :) I love the hair story. It has taken a long time to find someone in North Carolina too! (I was so confused when some of my students told me they had just got a perm..but their hair was stick straight.) I swore I wouldn't get my hair cut by anybody out here, but finally someone moved into our ward that I can trust!

 
template by suckmylolly.com