Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Series Finale


Well, it's been a good run. Ratings were dropping and the cast was demanding too much money so we have to shut down production of "Deya's of Our Lives". We only lasted less than half a normal season of television, but that's okay since this isn't television. All the fans, I just want to say thank you for the loyalty. We couldn't have done it with out you. So I suppose you might want to know how it all ends. There are a few ways to end a series. You can end in a cliffhanger so everyone can make their own conclusions. You can lead into a spin-off (it could be about Buzz and we could call it "As the Girl Burns" I have to give credit for that to Lake. Darn it.). You can do a cheesy, fast paced, unrealistic ending where all the story lines suddenly work themselves out and everyone has a happy ending. Or you can have the lame, unexciting one I am about to give you. Sorry. :0) Apparently this was not my final check-up. These will continue for a year but I know the ratings won't. Since I had assumed this was the final one, I had prepared a list of questions. Always a good idea when going to the doctor. 4 pages into my questions, (yes, I know, and there really ARE that many questions to ask) she looks at me and says, "Seriously, how many more do you have? Just so you know, when my other patients complain about me taking too long, I'm going to blame it on you." I was fine with that since they have no idea who I am! She repeated over and over while looking at my notebook that it was insane how organized I was. "Deya, how do you come up with these? This is why I treat children, adults are so much harder. Why are you asking me hard questions?" We were all laughing really hard, so it was all in good fun. After my final test, she commented there is still a teenie bit of fluid around my heart. "Don't worry about it. It just takes awhile for it to organize and become reabsorbed. I hope they aren't organized like you and ask a lot of questions!" The bottom line is that once I'm healed, I can live a basically normal life. Since I've already vetoed the life as a motocross racer, that is not a problem now. Maybe a few less roller coasters, but when we have kids, I won't be the one thrown up on. There is a bright side to everything. Mind you, I'll still have to clean it up. But what can you do?

2 comments:

Samye said...

It is so good to be getting your updates through your blog... they have been forwarded to me by Granddad so it is nice to finally see your pic and see that you are doing so well!!! Let us know how work goes etc!! Love you!

Shannon Martino said...

Deya - I hope you are not assuming that because "Deya's of Our Lives" is over that you no longer have to put posts on your blog. If you are thinking that, it is time to change your mind :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com