Friday, March 23, 2007

As the Village Turns

So thanks to Shannon for so politely pointing out that I am not free from blogging now that my surgery is over. I must warn you, when not under medical distress, my life is very boring. And since I can count all the readers of this blog on one hand, (Hey Martino's, Hey!!!) I have been waiting for something great and amazing to post. And, I don't have one! I am now back at work and thought I might share with you about the amazing place I work (if that's what you can even call what I do).

Give Kids the World is the most amazing place on Earth. Seriously. It's a resort for kids with life-threatening illnesses. Their entire family can come stay at our Village for a week and experience all the fun attractions Orlando has to offer (you know you are going to come visit me down here just for that eventually) for free.

Right now I work in the Village Vacation Planning Department. The ladies in there are my mother hens and we have WAY too much fun. Oh, and every day someone brings in treats. It's pretty much like pre-school. Only without the nap time. These are the treats I brought one day. I had to shotgun the brownie seat. You know me and my chocolate!

I used to work in the Entertainment department which was really fun only I eventually could not take it physically any more. I gained new skills there such as being able to name every Disney character: EVER, all the Nickelodeon ones too, the ever popular Peanut Butter Jelly Dance (if you don't know it, I will teach it to you and your kids will LOVE it, how to run a carousel, drive a train, clean a wishing well, I am now on a first name basis with Mary Poppins and Santa Clause (he promised me a ride in his sleigh), and I still think Dora the Explorer in person is the creepiest thing ever. Love the show, props for bilingual, but she should stay in 2-D format at all times.

We have a type of mascot at GKTW (like our Mickey Mouse, who is actually his best friend as they go golfing together every Saturday. No, I'm not joking, I'm serious!) who is a 6ft bunny named Mayor Clayton. Here he is pictured with his wife, Ms. Merry (there was an actual carrot exchange a few years back. Seriously.) and their new buddy Murphy the Gingerbread Man. Can you find me in the picture? I do expect some comments on guesses! And no, you cannot eat Murphy.

Anyway, that's a quick overview of where I work. Since that is pretty much our life right now, I'll start sharing fun anecdotes about life at the Village. And I promise to learn to post shorter blogs. I swear!

1 comments:

Shannon Martino said...

I'm glad you took my advice to heart :)

Shannon

 
template by suckmylolly.com