Saturday, March 10, 2007

The OC (Hey, technically Orlando is IN Orange County)

First of all, sorry for the loooooong gap in communication. In my defense, we made the big "mom swap" so we've been having fun over here. I had my final wound check (why does that sound like something for my dog?) this week. I have FINALLY passed with flying colors. Thanks to Buzz, those appointments lasted about a month longer than usual. Buzz's grave site was excavated and has slowly filled back in so we are doing well. Still using that stinky, manly soap though. One of these days, I'll get to be a girl again. I did, however, convince the doctor to let me use girlie lotion. I just get in trouble when there are traces of glitter around the wound site. What's a girl to do?
I did not pass my pacemaker inspection. Now before you go getting all excited, let me explain. I did study hard, but there were circumstances out of my control that did not allow me to get a passing grade. Okay, so I've never had to use an excuse like that, but I've always wanted to. I am using the pacemaker less than half a percent of the time. That's > 0.005 for you visual learners.
I have my final post-op check up on Monday. We have started a notebook of questions to ask her about how my life will be after this. Let's see how she likes the interrogations then! Just kidding, but we are compiling a list. If you think of any good ones, please pass them along. I know as soon as I get home, I will think of something I should have asked. So please share your pearls of wisdom. Or any other semi-precious gem of knowledge you might have.
One thing that will for sure change is I have to wear that medic alert jewelry that we've all seen at the Walgreen's pharmacy counter. Soooooo pretty! Thanks to my mom, we have found some actual pretty ones that don't even look like nasty medic alert jewelry. So if you know anyone who needs to wear this, I have a few great places to look. They have some really awesome ones for kids these days as well.
The big news is I will be returning to work on Tuesday! I know, so soon! It will actually have been 7 weeks at that point and I will be allowed to drive. Look out Florida, here I come. One more crazy driver on the roads can't make that much of a difference, right? I hope to go for all 8 hours, but we will see how I do. My work has been amazing and is very understanding in helping get back at my own pace. Can we have a shout out for Give Kids the World!?!?! If you ever come visit me, I will give you at tour, it's indescribable.
I can't believe how fast it's gone and I can't believe how much I have improved. Modern medicine has always been a friend of mine and we just keep getting closer!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com