Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Shaggy Dog

For those of you who are a little slow, we live in Florida. And if you didn't pass geography or earth science in school, it's REALLY hot and humid here. So I haven't been letting Cally go outside. I know, I know, she's a dog. She is, however, litter box trained. When last weighed, all whopping 6.4 pounds of fluff was still less than mom's cats so Chris decided we would give it a whirl. Not for the benefit of the dog so much as he knew I would be too lazy to get up and shovel snow in order to take her outside when we lived in Utah. Turns out Cally was more of a princess than I since she refused to "go" in inclement weather anyway. So litter box train her he did. They even make special litter for dogs made out of recycled newspapers called, wait for it....Yesterday's News! "Awww", I know. So, due to Chris' genius, I don't have to let her outside to do her business. It's nice to go out, and she enjoys it, but I don't particularly enjoy the sticky Florida summer air or the harmful reactions is seems to have on my less-than-perfect hair (Insert horror-film scream here). The weather hasn't been hotter than usual, but Cally's hair has gotten longer than I normally would allow. This is because she is overdue for her shots. I know, bad mom. I should be flogged. Go ahead, send me hate mail. I deserve it. Cally's hair has gotten so bad, that she can no longer see. She will not allow me to pull it out of her eyes with any type of cute fashion accessory like a bow or a clip. Heaven forbid she should look cute. People will come over to our house and slip into a gruffy baby-talk voice, "Oooh, wook at da poor baby! You cayunt even see, can you? No you cayunt! No you cayunt! Awww, poor baby!" It's surprising how many intelligent people actually talk like that. (I NEVER do, I swear!). So I finally took her to the vet this morning and got the poor fur ball vaccinated. I can now in good conscious make a grooming appointment for her next week. But I thought I would show you a picture of what she looks like, it's great!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Cally Girl!!!!!! Get her that haircut quick. (She'll weigh less, be cooler, and indeed cuter, and even easier to bathe.) Give her a big hug from her GG. Love MOM

Carma said...

Awww. Pwwoor wittle Cally-wally. Ehem, I mean. Buck up, little thing. After all, it's not your fault if she refuses to look cute. I think we'll need an "after" shot to go with this "before." :)

Emily said...

Poor thing! I was thinking that one day when we're ready to be "puppy parents" that I would get some tips from ya'll, but now i'm having second thoughts. :)

Elysa said...

I am surprised you didn't try an at-home-hair cut! Chris seems to know how to do a buzz cut on his own!

Deya Love said...

Gee Em, thanks a lot. :)
And Elysa, I think you can understand why I won't let Chris near her!!!!

Emily said...

I had Chris cut my hair once and it turned out just fine...although he didn't have the buzz clippers anywhere in sight (thank goodness!)

 
template by suckmylolly.com