Sunday, October 28, 2007

Deyna's Halloween Adventures

Every year, the staff Halloween luncheon is the biggest of the year. There are decorating, baking, and skit contests. The air gets competitive with trash-talking and threats, and if you've ever seen friends, I can be a bit like Monica. Just a wee bit competitive. Right, Lake? So before you get excited, I'm just gonna lay it out now that I did not participate in the food decorating contest. Time was not my friend, it didn't happen, get over it (this is mostly directed at myself as my inner Martha is still a little disappointed). This being Dina's first Halloween at the Village, wanted to go all out and decided we should sweep the competition (except for baking as she doesn't bake).

Let me start out with the skit. Departmental skits are the highlight of the year. This is the one point in time when it is okay to make fun of your boss, your co-worker, or just anything in general. It is extremely important that you do not divulge any details to another department about your skit as they will use this information to dominate you during the competition. Legend has it, that in past years, an employee broke into the reigning champs' rehearsal and videotaped their skit for an advantage and won. Now, I was going to post a video on here of the actual skit, but the camera settings were so bad, it is not really worth it, and it's 7 minutes long. We had really wanted to do High School Musical spoof, but through a fair informative, we knew another department was already doing this. So we teamed up with Volunteer Services and IT for Dancing With The Stars: GKTW Edition. Let's just say, I was Britney Spears and Dina was Ugly Betty. I think I dislocated my jaw from chewing such a large piece of gum. And I was unable to perform my dance number because I had to "go shave my baby's head". It was funny, and I tell ya, the hardest part was making a modest Britney outfit. Instead of having professional dancers for the washed-up celebrities to dance with, we had GKTW staff member parodies. We got some good laughs.

We won second place! First place went to Entertainment. They did High School Musical 2. At the end of the skit they all grabbed hands and jumped in our swimming pool. That kind of commitment should be rewarded. All 4 One!

1 comments:

Shannon Martino said...

Loved the new stories. Nice to hear from you again :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com