Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Deyna's Halloween Adventures Part 2

The second big competition at work is the office decorating. There is a most fall themed or a most Halloween themed category. As my fellow skit members now know, I have a mantra when it comes to theatrics and crafts- go all out or go home. I'm pretty sure if I say it again I work, I'll get pushed in the pool. So we decided instead of just being spooky or leafy, we would add humor, since we knew we could do that. And when else is HR allowed to be funny? NEVER!!!!!! :) In an effort to not offend anyone, we decided the target of our satire should be ourselves. Can't make offend yourself, right? Well, I guess if you tried hard enough you could, but in our good-natured little world, we didn't.


We figured, what is fun about Halloween...it's evil. And everyone thinks HR is evil. So let's play with that. I turned Dina and I into witches with photoshop and scrapbook supplies. We made roadsigns and Hazard signs all over the door. Dina even found the perfect doormat on clearance at Target. We made 3 ghosts out of 1$ material and balloons and replicated our name tags. We tortured her poor plastic office tree and Dina splurged on the motion-sensored freaky witch. Whatyda think?





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the photo-shopped witches are extremely clever. The door was very well done. Good Job! You never said who won this particular competition! Love, MOM

Emily said...

Oh so fun! I think I'm in the wrong business...the most Halloween festivities I dared partake in today was some blinking pumpkin earrings (and only one of them works.) Apparently banks aren't into skits and costumes-go figure. If GKTW ever wants to open a satellite branch in Vegas, you just let me know :) Great job on all of the decorations!

Shannon Martino said...

Hmmm... I think one of my favorite parts is that (of course) your witch has a pink bow on her hat.

Very cute

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I love the photoshopped witches!

Deya Love said...

Sorry! We won!!!!! Most Halloween Themed. Woo Hoo!!!

Elysa said...

Love the witch faces. I think I would like to put something similar on my door at work. Who knows, it might keep people from asking me to do things! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

 
template by suckmylolly.com