Friday, July 20, 2007

Camping in the City: Trail A


So this past weekend, I flew up to DC to spend some time with my brother, Lake. He and his wife, Elysa, have a new apartment there they have not moved into yet. We were happy to have electricity and running water, but were limited on other supplies, thus the title. I slept on a futon that had been purchased a left on their previous visit and Lake brought along with him an air mattress which he proceeded to inflate himself only proving to the rest of us that he was indeed full of hot air. For those of you who have ever been taken in by Chris' practical jokes, we got him pretty good with a long story about how Lake hyperventilated and we were at the hospital waiting for Elysa to drive up from Charlottesville and I wasn't sure what we were going to do with the rest of the weekend.

Once we had the sleeping arrangements figured out, what got really tricky was the shower situation. As we all know I am a bit of a germaphobe, not showering was of course not an option. I did also promise Elysa to enforce laws of personal hygiene at all times. This presented us with a problem when the shower did not have a shower curtain. Now, I enjoy a good soak in a Lush bath like the next girl, but not to get clean. I do not, at any time, enjoy soaking in my own filth. I am not a pot of soup that will boil out germs. But we are roughing it, so fine. The only problem seems to be, there is no stopper in the tub! There was some serious contortionist stretching and folding with lots and lots of splashing. Let's just say, thanks for sending extra towels Elysa!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com