Sunday, November 11, 2007

My New Roommate

I should be used to these. They are everywhere down here. All over the sidewalks, crawling all over our yard., running in our tree, and climbing on our screendoor. Yet, they seem to always surprise me. For instance, one day I unlocked the HR office to find one in Dina's chair. "Hmmmm," I thought. "I know Dina was getting her hair done this weekend, but that is a bit of a drastic change." Turns out it wasn't her. Although I did get yelled at by a volunteer for letting it go outside. I suppose it could have been her Prince Charming awaiting her return. Although I don't believe Prince Charming would've bitten the Lady in Waiting. But I'm no Brother Grimm, so what do I know?

So last weekend, I was cleaning up around the house and went to hang up a sweatshirt and what did I find? Oh....I think only a picture will suffice:Yes, that is a lizard on a hanger. A hanger that hangs 6 feet off the ground. This little guy (or gal, we aren't sure) was just chillin' in my clothes. Jillian and I tried to catch him, but he started playing musical hangers. At one point we thought he ran inside a shirt, but thankfully he didn't. We were eventually able to grab the hanger without him jumping off, but even then I was nervous. Cally and Muffin were jumping at it and the poor lizard did this little Superman stretch and was trying to be as long and flat as he could so no one could see him. I was so nervous he would jump off before we got outside. But he made it in one piece safely. :)

We had a lizard in our house once before. Sadly, Cally found it before I did.... and, well, let's just say that this Thanksgiving season I am thankful for the regeneration of lizard tails. :(

1 comments:

Emily said...

EEEWWW! I'm very glad it didn't get lost in your clothes and you were able to rescue him and take him outside (tail and all.) I'm very impressed you were able to handle it yourself- I usually put a cup over our...er...visitors.. and let Kallen deal with them.

 
template by suckmylolly.com