Monday, November 26, 2007

Florida ICE

One of the resorts down here has an ICE extravaganza every year where they use more than 2 million pounds of ice to make some of these amazing pictures! It actually takes more than 3 months to freeze all the water to make the ice for these sculptures. Everything you see is made out of ice. The only thing in the exhibits that wasn't ice were the signs and the carpet I'm pretty sure. It was Mom and Dad's first night down here and we knew they were missing out on the Utah weather, so we decided this would be fun. Especially for Mom since they make the exhibit a mere 9 degrees (for you Canadian readers that is Fahrenheit)!!! They actually provide you with parkas but you have to bring your own toques and mitts (for American readers those are beanies/hats and gloves/mittens). -See how diverse and multicultural we are here? Just trying to spread the love.

Please note the earmuffs on the fish. Didn't even know they had ears...

Here we are standing in a huge gazebo. I wish you could see the hand-carved life-sized doves that were resting on the top.


Dad and Chris in the Engine of the three-car train. We never could fit the whole thing in one camera shot. Pardon the camera work, it kept fogging up, it was so cold!

This was a life-sized scale nativity scene. All the animals and figures were so intricately carved and life-like. The camera just doesn't do it justice!

And did I mention there were 3 slides? And of varying length? The tallest was 40 feet! Here is Dad saying, "I'm done!" Lake- he compared it to the Bobsled track.

This one is my favorite.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Deya, that is so cool! I would have enjoyed seeing that. I have enjoyed reading through your blog and seeing what you've been up to. I haven't seen you in years! Hope all is well.

Emily said...

Wow! That looks like tons of fun! What a great way to get in the mood for Christmas.

Brianne & Jarod said...

WOW! that is so super cool! I want to go down a slide made out of ice ;) I think that exhibit is one of coolest I have ever seen. I would be much more interested in visiting there than some boring museum!

Unknown said...

Those are awesome!!!! I wish we had one of those here :) Merry Christmas

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

I love your blog Deya and I adore these pics! The bright colors are fabulous and you're so cute! How are you guys?
-Emily

 
template by suckmylolly.com