Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why I Should Shave My Head

Two weeks ago, my hair-dryer died. Of course it happened while I was in the middle of drying my hair and making a sad, sad little noise like a dying cat. Luckily it was a Saturday and I didn't have anywhere I had to be, so ponytail it was. After "borrowing" Jillian's hair-dryer for two weeks, I finally sucked it up and bought a new one. Now any girl will agree with me, this is not something we enjoy spending money on, but a necessity nonetheless. Annoying. So I figured if I had to get one, I would get the cute hot pink one with all the attachments and the retractable cord. More expensive, but worth the investment. It was hot pink after all!

So the second time I use my fancy new hair-dryer, I'm round brushing (you ladies know how coordinated you have to be for this) and notice.....gray hair. So while the hair-dryer is still going I'm leaning into the mirror in pure horror and disbelief examining my scalp. Due to my dismayed distraction I dropped my new hair-dryer. No big deal, right? Did I mention I was leaning over the sink that was soaking my egg-dyed shirt? So the still blowing hair-dryer falls into the water-filled sink. Splash!! Smoke, and other sad electrical noises. I know I should turn it off, but I'm scared to touch anything and electrocute my pacemaker. So I finally grabbed my rubber handled brush and start hitting the plug over and over until I knock it out of the wall. It finally turns off and all I hear is a glub glub bubble coming up from the sink. Once I finally pulled it out of its little watery graveyard, water poured from both ends.

Now my hair is half fixed, half wet. I'm late for work and have to find Jillian's hair-dryer once again. That was a fun text to send my boss. Luckily she laughed when I reenacted the entire scene for her at work after being 40 mins late.

I guess I am not meant to own a hair-dryer.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

This cracked me up- I get so scared of water/electricity!

Elysa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elysa said...

That should come under the hot pink hair dryer warranty, right? :) I think you should sumbit a claim for it.

Elysa said...

submit, sorry. Pregnancy brain can't spell. Regular brain can't either, but I take the excuses I can get.

Emily said...

I can picture the whole scary scene oh so well...and since you survived, it is super funny! So sad to hear about your hair dryer though. I'm with Elysa though-never hurts to try a claim!

Shanda said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is one of my biggest fears, funny huh!? Mainly because in our married student housing we have the crappiest bathroom ever!!! There are no cupboards or anything, so my hair drying sits on a hand towel rod above my toilet. We have a houseful of girls so the toilet is always down, but I'm scared to death about it falling & having the scene you described. I'm so glad you're ok! I hope you're doing well!

 
template by suckmylolly.com