Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trip to Boise Part 1

Last weekend I took a whirlwind trip to Boise to celebrate my best friend from high school's marriage. I flew into Salt Lake REALLY late on Thurs and spent the night at the parents' house- and see the petting zoo- yes they're all still alive!! :) ...the animals...and the parents...moving on......before driving Mom's new Prius the 7-hour trip(yeah Lake, it was 7, not 4 so thank Google Maps for the helpful insight on that one). They even let me drive! I love saving energy and gas with these prices!! Friday night was a really casual BBQ and I was finally able to Jackie who I haven't seen since my wedding!!!!!!!! Oh, and do you like how my parents and I all packed separately, in two states that are ACROSS the country from each other, with no spare outfits, and we were the little matchy matchy family from a catalog? Saturday morning Jackie and I were able to sneak off and have brunch just the two of us and catch up. Then she ran off to rest up for her big night and I was able to enjoy the downtown street market with Mom and Dad.Here we are checking out the duct tape purses. Yes, those are 100% duct tape! I'm a firm believer you can solve most of life's problems with duct tape (especially in florescent flamingo thanks to Paul Bodmer). I'm just not sure how I feel about my purse getting that nasty grime all over it that duct tape seems to attract....But it was creative and they were surprisingly cute!
Stay tuned to for more Boise pics and stories!

1 comments:

Emily said...

How fun and congrats to Jackie! I'll have to let my dad know he got a shout out on your blog. Ha ha. Can't wait to see more pics.

 
template by suckmylolly.com