Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Wooden Anniversary

Our 5th anniversary seemed like a big mile marker so we wanted to do something big to celebrate. For our first anniversary we got a dog, so we had to top that for sure. I consulted the traditional wedding gift list and it cited "wood" as the appropriate gift for 5 years. Wood? I don't see Chris excited about me buying an indoor tree as the last one was left with Dad when we moved to Florida along with my childhood cat. An outdoor tree wouldn't go over well with our HOA.....what's a girl to do? So you go all out or go home.................we bought a house! I waited to post this today as we finally closed on it this afternoon. It's exciting and scary as we are now officially responsible adults (I don't care, I still LOVE the Disney Channel). :) Chris' dad and his wife are here helping us fix up the house so I'll post pics once it's all fabulous.

7 comments:

Karen said...

WOW!! Congrats! I'm sure it feels great to know that you are home owners!

Elysa said...

Congratulations! We want to see pictures!

Samye said...

We are so excited for you guys!! And want to see some pictures too!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!! It is so exciting to buy your first house. But it also takes a lot of work to get it to feel and look like your own. Good luck on the move, the painting, and the fun part, the decorating! Can't wait to see some pics. Wish I was there to help out. Love, MOM

Emily said...

Yay! CONGRATULATIONS!! I was just wondering the other day how your hunt was going. Can't wait to see pics! Good luck topping that one next anniversary.

Shannon Martino said...

hooray! I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see pictures!

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Seriously, who doesn't still love the Disney channel??

Congratulations!

 
template by suckmylolly.com