Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's Coming, Be Patient

I WILL post pics of the new house.....when it's ready. Chris has gone back to work now and I haven't stopped, so it's kinda hard to find time to unpack. As soon as I can get a shot of at least one room that doesn't look like a cardboard jungle, I will post a cool before and after shot. Okay? So thank you for the emails, comments, and Facebook messages, but I have not forgotten. They are coming.

For those of you still interested in a great new house story.....Thursday night was priceless. I came home from work about 7pm, still light out and the garage door opening wasn't working. The thing is only 3 weeks old, so there is no way the battery is dead. I was on the phone with Dad, who as the ever (please note Dad, I did not say over) protective father that he is, asked me to make sure no one was inside and had just cut the power. I wasn't scared or paranoid when I thought it was just a cheap, dead battery. Now, maybe a little. So I open the front door with my key (I know, it's sooo Stone Age! Next thing you know, I'll have to get off the couch to change the channel on the TV!) and Cally comes running out. Intact guard dog is always a good sign. So I check all the rooms and realize the power is out. I check the breaker, which is flipped to on. Hmmmm..... Then I check the water......also not on. This cannot be good.

So I call Chris and ever so sweetly and calmly ask if he did indeed switched the utilities into our name. "Oh Deya, they do that for you!"
"What?!?!"
"Yeah. Whenever they see a transfer of property ownership, they automatically switch it into your name."
"Um, I don't think so. What in the world would give you that idea?"
"That's how it works in Canada."
I very rationally and again calmly reminded him we live in America and that is indeed not how it works here. So four hours of sweet talking on the phone and $200 later, we had power and water.

Final score: New House-2 Chris-0 or USA-1 Chris-0
Either way, I think he needs a hug.

2 comments:

Samye said...

Love it. I just laughed out load.... and I am excited to see the before and after shots!

Lauren said...

That is so funny!! A new house will teach Chris all kinds of things! I can't wait to see pictures!

 
template by suckmylolly.com