Thursday, May 31, 2007

Charlie's Angels

The other day at work, I hear this heart-wrenching sound like an animal in distress. As you all know me, you know that I can't ignore this and must investigate further. Come to find a little baby kitten who seems to be injured. No need to worry, Nancy Drew is on the case!

Unfortunately I startled it and it jumped into my friend Andrea's car. Not in where the people go, but in the engine. So after about an hour and a half of poking, prodding, deceptive turkey-giving, and swarms of nasty love bugs, we get the poor thing out...only to have it run out the gate. At this point, I am content to walk away, but my other friend Jillian, who is a bigger softie than me, chases the cat off-property. So then Andrea and I chase Jillian. As the caravan continues, the security gate closes and we are all three stuck on Bass Rd. This is not good. Andrea's car is sitting in the parking lot, not in a stall, but the road part, with the hood open, her door open, and her keys and radio sitting on the seat. We are locked out. At this point, we HAVE to catch the cat if we are to ever explain this to our respective bosses. So we corner the scared-out-of-its-mind animal and trek the half-mile to the welcome gate. It turns out the kitten has a bloody paw so we wrapped her up in a towel, made a vet appointment, and proceeded to send out fliers for adoption. I am happy to report "Charlie" is healthy and in good hands. But what a day!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com